The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
dizzydo

Hi from Let’s Knit

Hi Suz, I used to get week long headaches and they're such a drag. In the end my dr put me on a low fibre diet and after the initial shock to the system all the headaches went away. Just wondering if there's something that doesn't agree with you that's causing them - might be worth investigating if you can get rid of them. :) The only ones I get now are related to knotted shoulders and I have a back stretcher to sort them out, plus a willing OH to give me a quick massage when needed! :cheese:

Well after about 5 years of waiting around on the NHS they gave me a brain scan - and I have one! Anyway they diagnosed these cluster headaches and also some weird thing called a facial migraine - don't ask! Then I just seemed to be on beta blockers forever which didn't help so stopped taking them and then felt much better so just cope with the occasional glitch. Only ever have it on the right side too and I never throw up so that's a bonus :-) Just feels like someone has smacked you in the side of the head and jabbed a knitting needle through your eye!!!!

Anyhoo went to the craft shop to see if they had the Debbie Bliss wool in and Ellie hit her nose on one of the shelves and its all swollen and bruised now. Thankfully Claire in the shop is a first aider so she came to our rescue but my poor little one looks like she's been in the boxing ring now :-( They didn't have the wool either.

Oh Suz, what a disastrous shopping spree. At least the yarn on the shelves would have cushioned the blow a bit. I hope the swelling goes down soon. I was hit by a cricket ball on the nose when I was young and I remember it made my whole head hurt. Hope Ellie's not feeling too rotten. Does she knit? Not sure how old she is. :red:

Hi ya

Just got back on had to sort boys lunches still awaiting lil sis?!?!??!

Got some knitting done, and going to do abit more in a mo!!1 Bit worried eldest is playing up with eating!!!!

Knit&flee; - Well I have a sock pattern from SK I want to try and the Debbie Bliss wool is for a shawl type cardi thingy lol but it is really pretty!!!!! OH massages they are always welcome... He he he he

Su2ie- RRR poor Ellie!!! My lil one looks like that all the time, it's even come to the point that I don't even notice when he gets rid of them!!!!!!!

Hi RowenaH, I know it's huge isn't it! Bit scary at first, but after a day checking in every so often I'm feeling a weeny bit better about it. Don't worry lots of LK faces are on here and we'll all cheer each other along. I was miffed I got demoted too, as I'd worked up to senior member level, but I guess we just have to do what we do best - knit and then gossip like mad about it! - and we'll soon be back on track. Having thought about it I like the ever increasing cup cakes better than the little green squares, although I'm not sure it's a good idea to encourage people to stock pile cake!!! :cheese:

What are you up to over the weekend? :)