The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Crafts Beautiful 1

In need of Knitty Assistance? Get it here!

Quickly back on whilst partaking of coffee! I can't even remember what knitty assistance was needed on this thread now!

My mum has decided to take up knitting again after about 30 years (don't really remember her doing any though!) so I expect a lot of knitty sos to come in my direction now :ohh:

i am knitting spring greens from June 08 mag.(evie)

it says cast off all sts knitwise.

Does this mean the sts I am working on or all 83sts?

I phoned my mum and she thinks the ones I am working on.

Anyone who has knitted it or knows what on earth to do please help.

Also on the making up she says "Join 19 sts ...........how?(three needle cast off?!!!!!!!sew them together!!!!!!!!!!!!)

that debbie bliss.........is not the first time I have had trouble(beautiful pattern but I do not think it should say novice knitter.

I've been knitting for years and am completely flummoxed) :-)

thanks anyone!

not to worry.

it is a bit bonkers.

I would have thought someone who writes the magazine would know.

I might just do what I think is right I doubt it will spoil it.

(I know I have knitted it up correctly as i checked the lk site and it doesn't have any mistakes in it).

wah wah wah.........

There is a bamboo wool out there that can be felted. I received an e-mail to let me know but can't remember the name of the company, I think it is quite expensive though. Try 'redheart.com' you may have to sign up for their free mails but it is worth it as they give some free patterns as well. Good LUck.

I see this is the place to come if you have trouble knitting. I noticed a post by Blinx, who is having trouble with a Debbie Bliss pattern from the June issue, Evie. Is there any possibility that certain patterns could be accessed on site from previous mags always maybe 2/3 months away so the june issue patterns could be seen in August/Sept; but only by request as I know I sometimes have a problem with reading charts, so advice on how to solve the problem would be thrown wide open to the vast knowledge that logs on.