The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Crafts Beautiful 1

In need of Knitty Assistance? Get it here!

Thanks for taking the time of answering my request about the draped top. I can't get the instruction since I live abroad and I've looked all over the net and can't find them. I just wondered at what stage would I have to increase the stitches.

Hi, I'm knitting the tea cosy pattern that came in the free supplement with this month's Lets Knit but I'm having trouble with the cord. The pattern says to cast on 90 stitches using the two needle method, cut the yarn, pass the tail through the last stitch and then slide the rest of the stitches off the needle. I did this, but the whole thing instantly unraveled. Did I do something wrong?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have just tried this two different ways - one worked one didn't.

When you put needle between sts to cast on it doesn't work and unravels . However put needle in loop as if to knit and this method will work. You end up with what look likes a crochet chain.

Hi,

I'm stuck............... I am working on a pattern where I have to makes holes etc. to give a lace effect.  So far I have accomplished this and kept to the eight rows of the pattern but now it is asking me to keep the pattern but decrease I'm not sure how can anyone help please?

Thanks

Nat