The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Dazzle 10

The Good Morning Thread

Yes, feeling better thanks. Have been filling in forms today. The dental one was the worst...so glad I've finished! Well the buses are running again, but the postie has only been once this week (no one seems to have seen any more of him) and no rubbish collection due to the heavy snow. Yuk!

How is everyone else?

Have updated my jan swap to craft swap under craft swaps if anyone is interested? More details added

Hi de hi....... just stopping by :-)

{{{{Laverne}}}}} What a time of it you're having. This is a bad time of year for the elderly, but shocking to hear about Martin. Hope you are bearing up and the craft classes are good therapy for you in this long old winter. xxx

Love and {{{{{hugs}}}}} to all xxx

Goodness, it is quiet here, not been on for nearly a week and thought there would be loads of posts to read through. I hope that means you are all well and busy busy.

Husband and I went to MIL's house to cook up a storm for her birthday on Sunday. We made an Italin feast with Aranccini (deep fried rice balls), lasagne and cannoli. I have never cooked a three course meal and I know I didn't do it by myself but it still felt like a huge achievement and it seemed to be well recieved. We have been out and about the last few days. Lovely lunch out by the sea, some great crafty bargains from the local craft shop for next Christmas and some sale dies from Hobbycraft. Also visited the cinema to see The Life of Pi, beautifully shot but didn't really get it. Been to see my Nan and Grandad too and have booked a cheap day trip to France next week with husband, SIL and her boyfriend so that should be nice. On the down side my poor step father has been made redundant, he is looking at it as an opportunity I think but I think my Mum is quite worried. So many people are facing hard times at the moment.

Hope you are all keeping well. x

Hello everyone.

Chris- thanks for the thoughts and hugs.xo

Bobsie- yes it has been quiet with me absent too. Sounds like you had some lovely days there and how nice to look forward to a trip to France. Enjoy. Hope your stepfather does find something soon . Redundancy does create so many worries so I pray it will work out ok for your stepdad & mum.

I have been so busy since last week. Did get to the annual Hospital Ball last Friday. Was a great night but big sluggish on Saturday so lay low.Then had different lots of visitors during the week as well as preparing for craft class.

Been culling my mags still and organising my craft bits so getting on well with it.

Class last night we did encaustic art- all abstract . They mad a card & also did one for a picture frame. We also made a wedding card.Here are two pics . The ladies loved doing the encaustic art.

:lol:

GHxo

post-18894-1366817910694_thumb.jpg

post-18894-13668179107307_thumb.jpg

I love the encaustic art card, you can see so many things in it, I have all the equipment for it even some A3 card must get back to it. I even have the 2 books on encaustic art. I don't think there are many crafts that I haven't dabbled in.

Bobsie is your stepfather looking at redundancy as an opportunit by starting up something himself, I hope so it is a positive way to look at things. I wish him well.

Well it is the first day I have really felt well, living in this central heating is making me ill, I had the window open last night while sleeping and woke up clear headed for a change. Central heating is not a natural enviroment to live in, I can remember as a kid waking up in the morning with ice on the inside of the window, we had loads of blankets and an iederdown on our bed and the cold did us no harm.

Hi,

What is encaustic art, I've never heard of it? The results are very pretty though, glad your ladies had fun Laverne. Thank you both for your kind comments, I am not sure of his plans yet, it was a bit sudden really, but he seems remarkably positive.

Oh dear starkreem, I am the opposite, I like to be snuggly and warm, maybe we shoud swap houses, I wish we had proper central heating not storage heaters, they are rubbish!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, I think we are visiting and giving our cinema passes a bit more use. x