Create this beautiful leafy wall art with the help of royal talens
What you need...
- Royal Talens Ecoline watercolour brush markers
- Sakura Pen-Touch metallic liners
- Sakura Gelly Roll pens: metallic gold, metallic silver
- Brother ScanNCut machine
- Cardstock: coloured, white
1. Trace the base template provided on the pattern pages onto plain white cardstock and outline it with a black fine liner pen. Colour the leaves with a selection of brush markers and a water-filled brush pen blender. When dry, outline the leaves and add veining with metallic liners or gel pens.
2. Trace and cut the individual leaf templates, either by hand or electronically, from various shades of coloured and textured cardstock. Carefully add an outline to some of the leaves with a gold or silver liner pen, placing the leaf on a piece of scrap paper to avoid marking your worksurface. Add veining patterns to all the leaves with a variety of metallic pens, contrasting the colours against the leaf so the veins stand out well.
3. Working in a clockwise direction, begin laying leaves around the drawn and coloured wreath design, applying glue to the base of each leaf only so that further leaves can be tucked underneath to build up the wreath. Fix the larger shapes first and then fill in empty spaces with smaller leaves and berry sprigs. Use a craft mat and scalpel to cut your wreath out, or alternatively leave your design on white card.