Be first in line for smooches with Helen Fitzjohn’s stylish mistletoe set
What you need...
- Paper: Core’dinations, Aquamarine, Meadow
- Paints, acrylic, various colours
- Card, white, silver
- Stamps, snowflakes
- Wooden circles, 10cm
- Embellishments: ribbon, pearls
- Ink, Ranger, Silver Pearl
- Ink-pad, silver
- Varnish, aerosol
Gift Box - 1 Using the template guide, make the box shape from white card. Fold the unattached lengths together, tucking the flaps inside, and glue. Cut two aquamarine and meadow rectangles, 6.5cm x 13cm, and cover the box faces in alternating colours.
2 Trace the mistletoe shape from the template onto meadow paper and trim. Copy the bow onto white card, tint red and dot using pearl ink. Add two self-adhesive pearls to the leaves.
3 Reinforce the top of the mistletoe with meadow, 1.5cm x 8.5cm. Score at 1cm and 2.5cm intervals from the bottom part of the hanger and fold. Tuck the long end over the top of the box and glue. Add a ‘Christmas Kisses’ greeting to the base of the support.
4 Cut two panel greetings on white card and stick to opposite box faces. Add arrows, lines and border trims, and tint the stars red. Stamp silver snowflakes on the aquamarine faces, dot the centres using pearl ink and stick silver card strips, 1cm wide, to the alternating tops and bottoms of the box faces.
Bauble Decs - 1 Paint wooden circles with a white base coat. Trace a mistletoe onto each, then use acrylic paint to colour the branches and leaves in green. Tint one ribbon in red and another in teal paint, and apply a darker shade to the folds. Add a heart to each circle, co-ordinating with the bows.
2 Stamp snowflakes over the backgrounds and dot the centres using pearl ink. Leave to dry overnight, then spray the finished decorations with varnish. Add an eyelet to each hole, thread with polka dot ribbon, and fasten to finish.
Projects you may also like...
- Pebble Painting with POSCA
- Original Clangers Knitting Pattern
- Layered Flower Fairy Greeting
- How To Create Quilled Flowers
- How To Make Die-Cut Friendship Gifts
- How To Draw Elegant Flower Illustrations With EMOTT
- Layered and Embellished Pretty Poppies
- Die-cut Uplifting Animals
- Easy Fairy Friends Greeting