Little ones will love Keren Baker's sweet trio of twirling hippo makes
What you need...
- Card, white
- Dies: Tonic Studios, Essentials Circles, Layered Clouds; Lawn Fawn, Louie’s ABCs
- Stamps, Clearly Besotted, Trouble in a Tutu
- Patterned Paper, Hobbycraft, Rainbow Magic
- Ink, Tonic Studios, Nuvo Hybrid Black Shadow
- Alcohol markers: blues, purples, pinks, blues, green
- Bakers twine
Half Moon Treat Holder - 1 Die-cut two circles from card and two from rainbow paper. Trim card to the same length as the circle width, and 6cm wide. Score the card at 1.5cm and 3.5cm, then fold up. Trim the circle to 1cm below halfway so when 1cm is scored and folded, you have a semi-circle.
2 Adhere the flap from both circles underneath the bottom of the folded panel, then attach the patterned pieces over the half circles and trim off any excess. Punch a hole in the tops and thread with twine. Die-cut a cloud and attach to one side. Stamp, colour and cut out a hippo, then adhere onto the cloud.
Make a Pretty Twirl Greeting - 1 Create a white tent-fold blank, 6cm x 9cm. Cut two strips of acetate, 1cm x 8cm, and attach to the top of the tent-fold so it is sticking up beyond the card. Attach a smaller layer of striped paper to the front so it covers the bottom of the acetate strips.
2 Die-cut two clouds from cloud paper. Adhere together, then fix to the acetate strips so they look as if they’re floating. Stamp, colour and trim out three hippos and a twirl of ribbon. Secure to the card, attaching one with foam pads. Stamp a sentiment top-left to finish.
Die-Cut a Room Plaque - Cut card, 6cm x 14cm, then mount a layer of green patterned paper. Die-cut your chosen letters and arrange onto the panel. Stamp, colour and trim out the hippo. Adhere to the panel, then add twine to the reverse to finish.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA