Follow this recipe from Rachel's Organic to make a traditional British treat
What you need...
- 5 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 200ml whipping cream
- 100g Rachel’s Low Fat Rhubarb yogurt
- 4 tbsp strawberry conserve
- 150g fresh strawberries, sliced
- Icing sugar to decorate
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and grease and line two 20cm/8inch round sandwich tins. Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla using an electric whisk. The mixture should double in volume and leave a trail. Using a large metal spoon add half the flour and gently fold in. Follow this with half the oil then add the remaining flour and oil.
Pour the batter into each tin evenly. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. Allow the sponges to cool slightly in the tins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, whip the cream until soft peaks form and gently fold in the yogurt – try and achieve a ripple effect. Sandwich the cakes by spreading over the strawberry conserve then add the sliced strawberries and spread over the cream and yogurt mixture. Dust with icing sugar, serve or chill until required.
This recipe comes courtesy of Rachel's Organic. To find out more, visit [url=http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/]http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/[/url]
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA