Present your handmade soaps in style this season
What you need...
- Soaps, The Soap Kitchen, Melt & Pour soap making kit, Christmas Nostalgia
- Card: plain; mirror
- Paper pad, Hobbycraft, Winter Voyage 12” x 12”
- Dies: Sizzix, Thinlits Plus Die Set Box, Matchbox, Garden Greens; Framelits, Tags
- Stamps, Christmas sentiments
- Pipe cleaners, silver
- Fabric, tulle
- Slate, small heart-shape
- Embellishments: ribbon, twine, faux flowers, paper flowers, resin flower, mini baubles, raffia
- Glitter glue, gold, silver
Handmade Jar - Place raffia strands into the bottom of a glass jar and add, Merry Christmas soap. Trim two sections of patterned paper and layer together. Attach them to the base of the jar. Add some dried flowers to the lid using a strong adhesive, plus a ribbon and twine bow and a bell. Curl pipe cleaners around a pencil to form spirals, then cut them in half and adhere behind the ribbon bow.
Slate Heart - 1. Place a soap onto a piece of heart-shaped slate and tie in place using a length of tulle tied into a bow. Die-cut various leaves from the Garden Greens die set in plain and silver mirror card, then attach to the centre of the bow.
2. Add a paper flower with a small coating of glitter glue on the petals. Fix to the centre of the bow and leave to dry. Stamp a sentiment onto cardstock and trim. Stick behind the bow.
Gift Bag - 1. Place raffia strands and a soap into a cellophane bag. Close with raffia tied into a bow, then trim the top off the bag.
2. Die-cut a tag from card, layering a patterned paper panel on top. Stamp a sentiment and add to the tag. Tie it to the bow, then attach a paper flower. Cover the flower and bow with some gold glitter glue.
Gift Box - 1. Die-cut and piece together a gift box from patterned papers. Place some raffia strands into the base of the box and glue into place.
2. Wrap ribbon and twine around the lid of the box, securing at the back. Tie a twine bow with two baubles threaded through, then attach to the ribbon.