Use Posca pens to decorate cards and more
What you need...
- uni Posca Pens,1MR White,
- Violet, Gold; 3M Red Wine,
- Dark Red, Dark Brown,
- Fuchsia, Khaki Green; Light
- Green; 8K Violet, White
- uni Paint Marker, Shiny Gold
- uni ball Signo Gel ink rollerball pen, Gold
Decorating Blanks - 1. Transfer the illustration from the pattern pages onto your chosen blank. Draw in the lines lightly in pencil, rubbing out any mistakes, then re-drawing the design to suit.
2. Apply a choice of reds to the main flower and the scroll, then add the other colours around it, building up the pattern and using the main photograph as reference.
3. Once all the patterns have been added, draw a gold outline around the design elements. Add the flower stem afterwards, you can always experiment with the layout.
4. Using the gold pen, apply a pattern of dots and straight lines over the main design. For the chest use a white 8K broad nib pen to lay down a background colour. Paint the draws in red, violet and green. Add the gold detail patterns with the fine tip pen. The round drawer handle can be covered using the shiny gold paint marker.
5. The tins are decorated with flowers and scrolls adapted to fit comfortably within the circle shape. As it is difficult to rub out pencil lines from the tin surface, use transfer paper or experiment with a layout to suit. For added protection, seal the decorated blanks with a matt or satin craft varnish.
Paint With Posca - With a Posca pen you can apply a motif straight onto a coloured surface or alternately use a wide 8K marker lay down a background colour with ease.
The coverage that you get with Posca is opaque and flat which gives a lovely subtle finish on 3-D items.
As you draw with the pen, lift the pressure off just slightly, this will allow the paint to flow through freely.
Let the paint dry completely for a few hours before handling, or overnight if preferred.
Projects you may also like...
- Project Ideas For Your July Papers
- Knitted Mermaid for Beginners
- Papercraft Princess Castle Gift Set
- Quick Iced Biscuit Recipe
- Simple Fabric Birdhouse Project
- Screen Printing Project for Beginners
- Easy Knitted Teddy Bears
- Five Bonus Projects With Your Garden Days Stamp Set
- Project Ideas For Your June Papers