What you need...
- Aida, 14 count, pale pink
- DMC stranded cottons (as in the key)
- Needle, tapestry, size 26
- Bow, tiny, white
- Interfacing, iron-on
- Fabric, cotton, lilac, spotted
- Dried lavender
- Twill, white
- White linen, scraps
- Button, heart, pink
- Stamps, rubber, alphabet
- Ink-pad, lilac
- Eyelet, pink
- Shears, pinking
Follow the chart provided to create the hanging bunch of lavender, using two strands of cotton for the cross-stitch. Sew over one block of pale pink Aida. Use two strands of cotton for the stems and add them in long stitches, as shown on the chart.
Once complete, iron interfacing on the patch and cut out the motif using pinking shears, 4.5cm x 6cm. Sew on a white bow. With
right sides together, sew two panels of lilac cotton fabric, 10cm x 19cm (plus seam allowance) down one side seam. Turn a small hem along the top edge and slip stitch in place.
With right sides together, sew up the second side seam and the bottom. Trim the seams and clip the corners. Iron the lavender cross-stitch patch onto the front of the bag, and sew on a pink heart button in the right corner. Stamp the words ‘With Love’ onto a scrap of white linen and cut out with pinking shears. Sew to the bottom of the bag with big, lilac stitches.
Turn the bag right side out and press. Fill the inside with dried lavender. Tie a 30cm length of white twill around the top. Punch a 2.5cm circle from lilac card and stamp with the letter ‘L’ (or another initial if the bag is a gift). Make a hole and set a pink eyelet, then thread a piece of raffia through and tie around the top of the bag.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations