Put a spin on Valentine's Day with these fun, personalised love cheques by Keren Baker
What you need...
- Card, assorted colours
- Paper, patterned
- Dies: Waltzingmouse, Hearts Gift Card It; Lawn Fawn, Cole’s ABC’s; Louie’s ABC’s
- Die-cutting machine
- Stamps, Lawn Fawn: Into The Woods; Milo’s ABC's
- Ink-pads, assorted colours
- Washi tape
Cut a front and back section of white card, 9cm x 16cm. Trim strips of black card and position with even spacing on the front cover. Use one of the dies to create the sentiment and arrange onto the front. Die-cut the hearts and dots to decorate the cover.
To make the binding/stub of the cheque book, trim pink card, 8cm x 30cm. Score at 5cm, 5.5cm, 6cm and 6.5cm intervals, then at every 5mm until 11cm. Fold in a concertina fashion and attach the end pieces onto the inside of the front and back cover. Make sure the folds are crisp by running a bone folder over each one.
Trim gold card, 5cm x 9cm. Score at 1.5cm and 3.5cm intervals, then crease using a bone folder. Fix the card over the end of the cheques and binding. For the cheques, take six pieces of card, 8cm x 14cm. Using the Gift Card It die, cut a notch shape into the centre of each one.
Die-cut six gift card shaped pieces. Attach each plain cheque onto a fold of the binding, securing it to the back of the fold. Stamp each card with dots and the sentiment. Die-cut more hearts and decorate the cheques with a handwritten message.
Decorate the ends of each cheque with a fold of washi tape in a colour of your choice. Trim the card flush, top and bottom of the page. Stamp hearts onto some of the cards and colour in with gold pen. Add strips of gold and other decorative elements to suit.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA