Send best wishes to someone you love with these fab ladybird greeting cards
What you need...
- Stamps: Waltzing Mouse Stamps, Holiday Label no 14 pack; Frame It pack; Teeny Trees pack
- Card, Bazzill Bling, assorted colours
- Paper borders, Brights
- Borders Pad, Martha Stewart Crafts
- Ink-pad, pigment, pale green
- Embossing powder: opaque mint, navy blue, forest green, opaque white
- Heat gun
- Ribbon, braid
- Gemstones, decorative
- Nailheads (optional)
- Brush pens
Think You're Fabby - 1 Stamp a sentiment onto textured yellow card at an angle. Coat the words with navy powder before the ink dries, and heat emboss. Trim the card
to a neat rectangle with rounded corners and matt onto pale blue card.
2 Stamp/heat emboss a large frame onto textured white card using forest green powder. Colour in the frame and part of the border with brush pens and leave to dry. Trim the card to an oval, then matt onto bright green card and mount the sentiment panel in the centre.
3 Create a pale blue blank, 12.5cm x 18cm. Cut pink textured card, 6cm x 10.5cm, then glue ladybird and ricrac border strips to the top and bottom of the rectangle. Fix card to centre of blank and place the stamped panel in the middle, as shown. Snip two leaves from a left-over border strip and attach to the stamped design adding nailheads or gemstones as berries.
Fabby Birthday - 1 Using the pigment ink, stamp a starburst frame onto bright red card. Sprinkle mint embossing powder and heat emboss. Trim an oval shape around the edge of the frame. Matt this panel centrally onto a larger oval of yellow textured card.
2 Trim and fold orange card to make a base, 13cm square. Fix a smaller square of blue textured card to the centre and place a wide green border
strip across the middle. Cut a large oval from pink textured card and glue to the centre of the blank, sticking a narrow striped border over the centre.
3 Mount the embossed panel to the oval and decorate the centre with a ladybird cut from a border strip mounted on a blue oval. Create your own
sentiment by stamping certain words from the various greetings available in the sets, combining them to make something suitable. Emboss with
navy powder and trim to a neat panel. Matt onto card and fix to the top left, adding more ladybirds to finish.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA