Create a beautiful patchwork cushion with floral prints and cross-stitch detailing
What you need...
- Fabrics: cotton, pink; ﬂoral; check; spots; rose print; linen, 28-count, white
- Cushion pad
- Cotton, DMC, stranded, as per chart
- Glue, fabric
- Needle, tapestry, size 26
Cross-stitch - Work a rose onto white linen, 8cm square, follow the cross-stitch chart and sew over two threads, using two strands. Backstitch a stem with one strand and press the fabric once complete.
Cushion - 1 Cut 8cm squares from print and white fabrics so there are 15 in total, then sew them together in a pleasing arrangement, by hand or machine, with a 5mm seam allowance.
2 Press the design, then add buttons to the corners of the cross-stitched rose square. Sew this piece to ﬂoral backing fabric, 30cm square, leaving a gap along one edge.
3 Turn out and ﬁll with a cushion pad, then stitch the gap neatly closed. Alternatively, add a zip to the design before turning out.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA