Stitch a surprise gift for Father's Day using nautical designs
What you need...
- Fabric: plain, turquoise; scraps, blue, red, white; polka dot, navy
- Interfacing, fusible
- Thread: navy, red
- Sewing machine
- Sewing kit
- Photo frame, 12.5cm x 17.5cm
Measure the aperture of a frame and trim fabric slightly smaller to ﬁt. Cut a larger piece of turquoise and back with fusible interfacing. Download
the templates, then trim a boat base and wavy sea from blue spotty fabrics. Cut three bunting ﬂags from patterned printed material.
Embroider ‘Best Dad’ in red thread onto cream fabric. Trim into a triangular sail shape. Using navy thread, stitch the base, sail and sea pieces to the
background. Add a diagonal line from the top of the sail to the right-hand corner of the base. Sew the ﬂags into place.
Position a red ﬂag to the top of the boat. Embroider some simple birds in the background with navy thread. Trim the edges of the picture to ﬁt the frame.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations