Make this fun wall pocket with an embroidery hoop and pretty fabric, then make an accompanying pin holder
What you need...
- Fabrics: two co-ordinating prints; linen, 28 count, cream
- Felt, white
- Thread, embroidery, DMC
- Embroidery hoop, wooden
- Paper, striped
- Button, red
- Pinking shears
- Tapestry needle, size 26
Wall Pocket - 1 Separate the inner and outer rings of an embroidery hoop and place backing fabric over the inner hoop, then trim into a circle, making sure there's enough excess to fold it over, all the way around.
2 Fold a piece of fabric for the front pocket in half, then press with an iron. The crease line will be the top of the pocket. Place the pocket fabric onto the backing fabric, half way down, then put the outer hoop over the top. Pull the fabrics taut and tighten the screw. Add a button to the centre of the pocket, then hang up on a wall and fill with sewing notions.
Pin Holder - 1 Cross-stitch the word 'sew' onto cream linen following the chart. Stitch over one thread of linen using one strand of cotton for the cross-stitch and the backstitch. When complete, press the stitchwork, then cut out using pinking shears, leaving a small border.
2 Cover 8cm x 14.5cm of white card with striped paper. Attach the cross-stitched word to the top-left of the card. Trim white felt, 7cm x 10cm, using pinking shears and attach to the front of the card.
Projects you may also like...
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas