Customise cheery fabric with a hand-sewn patch to create Helen Philipps’ special gift set, perfect for any little imp
What you need...
- Aida, 14-count, white
- Thread, DMC, as per chart
- Needle, tapestry, size 26
- Fabric, cotton, white; toadstool print, pink
- Webbing, fusible
- Toy filling, polyester
Follow the chart for large and small toadstool motifs and stitch over one block of Aida. Separate the threads and use two strands for the cross-stitch and one for the backstitch. When the stitching is complete, press the work and iron fusible webbing onto the back, then peel the backing paper away and fix the cross-stitch panel onto a small piece of white cotton fabric. Trim the motif to four holes away from the stitching all the way round.
Take one piece of pink toadstool fabric for the cushion front and, using fusible webbing, iron the cross-stitch patch onto it, using our image as a guide for placement. Machine or hand stitch it all the way around to attach. Add a pink button in the top-left corner.
Sew the two pieces of pink toadstool fabric together with right sides facing and a 6mm seam, leaving a small gap in one edge for turning. Tease the cushion out to the right side and press, then stuff with polyester toy filling and sew the gap neatly closed.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA