Make a name hanging with funky papers and large chipboard letters
What you need...
- Paper, decorative
- Card: pink, green, white
- Chipboard shapes, In the Buff, letters
- Crystals, Swarovski volcano, 3mm, 4mm
- Ribbon, American Crafts, lime grosgrain
- Ink-pads: opera pink, orchid
- Embossing powder, clear
- Punches: hole, small; daisy
- Adhesives: tape, double-sided; foam pads, 3-D
Take pink card, 12.5cm x 23cm, and mount onto chipboard. Trim stripe paper slightly smaller and attach using double-sided tape. Cut lime card, 9cm x 20cm, and fix centrally to the striped panel. Put to one side.
Take large chipboard letters as required to spell out the recipient’s name, and ink in opera pink and orchid. Colour thoroughly several times before clear embossing, then re-ink and emboss once more for a rich, glossy enamel finish.
Mount the letters onto the lime panel using 3-D foam pads, and glue several white daisies at random around them. Hot-fix volcano crystals to the middles of the flowers. Finally, punch two holes in the top of the name card and thread with lime grosgrain ribbon, securing at the back.