Use a toolbox essential to turn plain cards into showstoppers
What you need...
- Washi tape, various
- Paper, Unforgettable, Hot Off The Press
- Stamp, Eclectica (ESN04), PaperArtsy
- Ink, archival, jet black
- Punch, 1” circle
- Card: red, blue, white
- Bakers twine
Cut strips of white card slightly wider than the washi tape and use 1cm wide strips of solid card for larger accents. Place washi tape in the centre of the white card strips and smooth it down. Weave the strips loosely, adjusting the amount of space and the angle. Flip over and secure with sellotape. Trim ends at angles or straight across.
Glue the woven piece onto dark green patterned paper, 11.5cm x 14cm, trimming the vertical lines even with the sides. Cut the ends of the horizontal strips as shown - one on the right, one on the left and the others level with the edges. Use black ink to stamp a sentiment. Mount onto white, then black card. Make a folded red card, 13cm x 17cm. Glue the mounted piece to the card front.
Stamp a circular image on white card, then punch out. Punch a circle of black card and glue the two together, offsetting them slightly. Use foam tape to attach to the card front. Tie a bow from a length of bakers twine and fix in place.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations