USE WINTRY MOTIFS TO CREATE HELEN CANT'S NOSTALGIC SET
What you need...
- BEADS Leaf, glass, 13mm x 18mm, green x 3, Round, glass: 6mm, red x 4, brown x 9; 10mm, topaz x 3, red x 4, Round, fluted, antique brass-plated, 10mm x 6
- FINDINGS Bezels, antique brass-plated: 20mm circle; 30mm circle; 30mm x 40mm oval, Brooch back bezel, antique brass-plated, 30mm circle, Bezel ring blanks, antique brass-plated, 20mm circle,Jump rings, antique brass-plated: 5mm; 7mm; 8mm, Chain, antique brass-plated: small link; medium link, Head pins, antique brass-plated, Eye pins, antique brass-plated, Earwires, antique brass-plated, Bracelet blank with toggle clasp, antique brass-plated, Lobster clasp, antique brass-plated, Ribbon, gingham, red and white, 5mm wide
- TOOLS Resin, glazing, Printer, inkjet, Paper, photo quality, matt coated, 170GSM, Card, inkjet printable, Cups: measuring, graded in millilitres; mixing, disposable, Sticks: lolly; cocktail, Heat gun, Paint brush, Glue, PVA, Pliers: round-nosed; flat-nosed, Cutters, wire, Blu tack, Stapler, Foam pads, double-sided, sticky
Fox Necklace - 1. Cut out one of the large oval fox images, coat the reverse with PVA, and position into a 30mm x 40mm oval bezel. Press down well to ensure it's completely adhered, then leave to fully dry. Apply six coats of PVA to seal the paper, allowing it to dry between coats and ensuring it is applied to the edges to prevent the resin seeping underneath. Once the last coat is fully dry, prepare 9ml of resin according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This will be enough to make all the pieces in the set.
2. Pour a small amount of resin into the centre of the bezel and spread it out to the edges using a lolly stick, adding more as necessary to fully coat the image. Remove any air bubbles by gently heating the resin for a few seconds at a time with a heat gun and popping with a cocktail stick. Leave to dry for at least 24 hours or until fully set.
3. Thread a 6mm brown glass bead followed by a 10mm round fluted antique brass-plated bead and another 6mm brown glass bead onto a head pin and form a wrapped loop. Repeat to create a matching head pin, then create a further four singly beaded head pins using two 10mm red glass beads and two 10mm topaz glass beads.
4. Cut medium link antique brass-plated chain to the desired length of the necklace. Attach the bezel to the centre of the chain using an 8mm jump ring. Secure an equal number of the beaded head pins, along with glass leaf beads, to the chain on both sides.
5. To form an extension chain, cut 4cm of medium link antique brass-plated curb chain. Create another singly beaded head pin using a 6mm brown glass bead then attach it to the end. To finish, secure the extension chain, a lobster clasp and a jump ring to the ends of the necklace.
Make it yours - Add a charm bracelet and on-trend rings to your collection following the same guidelines.
Projects you may also like...
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion