Enjoy traditional afternoon tea with a fruity twist thanks to these strawberry éclairs from Rachel's Organic
What you need...
- 150ml cold water
- 50g, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 80g strong white plain flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 225g Rachel’s low fat strawberry yogurt
- 300ml double cream
- FOR THE ICING:
- 500g icing sugar (we recommend Tate & Lyle fondant icing)
- 75ml water
- Few drops of pink food colouring
Pre-heat oven to 200C/ 392F/ Gas Mark 6. Add the water to the pan together with the butter. Sieve the flour and keep to one side. Allow the butter to melt and when the mixture comes to the boil remove from the heat immediately and add the flour. Vigorously mix the flour and sugar with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer if preferred. Beat until you have a smooth paste and it has left the sides of the saucepan. Then beat in the eggs one by one until you have a smooth glossy paste.
Line and grease one baking tray with baking parchment. Place the choux pastry into a piping bag with a plain nozzle 1cm/ ½ inch and pipe lengths approximately 6-7cm/3 inches. Bake the éclairs on a high shelf of the oven for 10 minutes and then increase the temperature of the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7 for a further 10 minutes until golden and puffed up. Remove them from the baking tray to a cooling rack and make a small slit in each to let the steam escape.
For the filling, whip together the yogurt and cream until stiff. Using another piping back, pipe the cream & yoghurt mixture into the side of each éclair. To prepare the fondant icing beat together the icing sugar, water and food colouring, and mix until smooth and glossy. Either pipe down each éclair or dip the tops in the icing letting the excess dribble down.
To find the Rachel's Organic products you need for this recipe, visit http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/
Projects you may also like...
- Project Ideas For Your July Papers
- Knitted Mermaid for Beginners
- Papercraft Princess Castle Gift Set
- Quick Iced Biscuit Recipe
- Simple Fabric Birdhouse Project
- Screen Printing Project for Beginners
- Easy Knitted Teddy Bears
- Five Bonus Projects With Your Garden Days Stamp Set
- Project Ideas For Your June Papers