Opt for stitched embellishments to add texture to your greetings
What you need...
- Patterned papers, Bo Bunny, Lemonade Stand
- Card, cream
- Dies: ice cream
- Thread: pink, yellow, white, blue, black, green
Ice Cream Card - 1 Trim 3cm in from the right edge of an A6 card blank. Cover the front and inside with stripy paper. Cut a panel from blue patterned paper, then adhere down the front panel and add a cream cone shape at the bottom.
2 Die-cut seven cream shapes from various patterned papers and stitch single stitches in one to create the effect of sprinkles. Overlap the cream motifs and add an ‘admit one’ sticker to the inside panel.
Basic backstitches are all that’s required to achieve effective embroidery embellishments which are great for adding various textures to your projects. Just be sure to pull your thread fully through each hole, but avoid over-tightening to ensure the card doesn’t buckle.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA