Kitty Frampton creates a watercolour effect card that's out of this world
What you need...
- Card: watercolour, cold-pressed, 300gsm; white, printer
- Stamps, My Favorite Things, Space Explorer
- Dies: My Favorite Things, Space Explorer; Die-namics, Double Stitched Circle STAX, Wonky Stitched Edge Rectangles
- Pens: Copic Marker, Zig Clean Colour, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle
1 Die-cut watercolour card using a large stitched rectangle die. Apply various blue and lilac tones using Zig Clean Colour pens onto a piece of acetate. Spray with water until the ink beads up. Place the acetate piece face down onto the watercolour section, then blend the inks by rubbing the back with your fingertip. Remove the acetate and blot any excess fluid.
2 Dry the panel with a heat gun and repeat the process to achieve a whimsical look. Create a circle from watercolour card, then trim it using the rectangle die so it fits the bottom-left corner of the background. Repeat the colouring process with beige and cream inks to the shape, then heat to dry.
3 Glue the moon to the corner, then attach the panel to a blank, 13.9cm x 10.7cm. Stamp the planet, stars and space explorer, then colour them in. Make a sentiment. Cut out each one, then fix with foam pads. Add sparkle to the stars and planets using a Spectrum Noir pen.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations