Follow our craft tutorial to learn how to make a gift box for Christmas
What you need...
- Card: white, kraft
- Paper: Papermania, Christmas In The Country
- Ribbon, satin, 3mm, red
- Pearls, adhesive
- Gems, adhesive
- Ink-pads: Artiste, blue
Tartan Rose Package - 1 Using the downloadable template from October 2013's pack, create a box from kraft card, 16cm x 32cm, following the instruction as to where to cut and score. Adhere stag paper, 9.5cm square, to the top of the box.
2 Trim 3cm squares of blue and white tartan paper, then cut petals using the template as a guide. Tightly roll a middle petal for the flower and glue with pva. Add more petals, securing them at the bottom, until the bloom appears full.
3 Fix a strip of green tartan paper, 1.5cm wide, along the upper edge of the top of the box. Layer three leaves cut from green spot paper on top with a sentiment-stamped panel of white card.
4 Secure the rose to the top of the box with double-sided tape. Work strips of patterned paper, 1.5cm wide, around the edges of the box, then tie with red satin ribbon and knot at the front. Finish with adhesive gems and pearls.
Source it - Christmas in the Country range, Hotshot Craft, 01902 716770, hotshotcraft.co.uk
Ink-pad, One Stop Craft Shop, 01908 227 001, onestopcraftshop.com
Projects you may also like...
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas