This sweet and tempting pie is perfect for an autumnal treat
What you need...
- 320g ready to roll short crust pastry
- 425g canned pumpkin, we used Libby’s
- 140g caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25g butter, melted
- 100g Rachel’s Greek Style Low Fat Yogurt
- 200g Rachel’s Greek style Apple & Cinnamon Yogurt
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Roll out the pastry on to a floured surface, and line a 22cm fluted loose bottom tart tin with the pastry. Once lined with pastry, place in the fridge for 10 minutes to relax (this will stop the pastry from shrinking).
Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line with a sheet of parchment paper and baking beans. Bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, caster sugar and spices, then beat in the eggs, melted butter and yoghurt.
Pour the mixture in to the tart shell and cook for 35-40 minutes until the filling has just set and has a slight wobble.
Leave to cool then remove the pie from the tin.
To serve top with swirls of apple & cinnamon yoghurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Serve chilled.
This recipe comes courtesy of Rachel's - to find out more, visit [url=http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/]http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/[/url]
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA