Give dad a gift to remember with these antique-style treasures
What you need...
- Stamps, Andy Skinner: Retroset, Tempting Textures
- Paint, Martha Stewart Satin: Cloud, Chestnut Brown, Wedding Cake
- Glaze, Martha Stewart: Antique Eﬀect
- Primer, Martha Stewart: Gesso
- Stencil, Martha Stewart: Large Stencils, tapestry
- Ink-pads, Archival; Tim Holtz Distress: Old Paper, Walnut Stain
- Letters, Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Alpha Parts Ransom
- Grungeboard, Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Mixed Minis Plain
- Frame, wooden
- Sign, wooden
- Card, white
Hand Print Frame - 1 Apply primer to a sanded frame and allow to dry. Paint with two coats of chestnut brown and one of cloud. Lightly sand to reveal the ﬁrst layer of colour.
2 Cut card to ﬁt in the frame. Mix chestnut brown with antique eﬀect and cover a child's hand or foot, then print. Blend old paper ink onto the surface and walnut stain around the edges.
3 Load up the weather wood stamp with old paper ink and print over the surface. Write a message, then mount into the frame.
Sign - 1 Cover a sanded sign with a layer of primer. Once dry, apply two coats of chestnut brown paint. Load the grunge stamp with cloud paint and print over the background. Blend sepia ink around the edges.
2 Place the tapestry stencil over the design and dab on wedding cake. Paint onto the ﬁshing tackle stamp and impress randomly. Colour grungeboard letters with chestnut brown and ﬁx in place.
Tag - 1 Score lines onto a card tag. Apply two coats of chestnut brown. Once dry, coat the edges with vaseline. Paint two layers of wedding cake and when dry, wipe over the surface with a soft cloth to reveal the ﬁrst colour.
2 Mix chestnut brown with antique eﬀect and cover the tag. Wipe away to reveal score marks. Ink up Retroset stamps with Archival inks and print. Paint letters using chestnut brown and adhere. Finish with garden twine.