What you need...
- Any little princess will adore this pop-up castle birthday card. Open the doors to reveal a hidden message inside the 'walls', it's a little like a summer advent calendar! The matching castle gift box has a pull-down drawbridge, perfect for some fairytale party games.
- Cardstock: pink, yellow
- Papers, American Crafts, Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy
- Plier punch
Castle Gift Box - 1 Print out the castle onto white card, but this time, cut a 5cm square out where the doors are, then decorate. Cover mountboard, 6cm x 21cm, in red spot paper. Stick the castle to it and cut away the square area from the mountboard. Use a plier punch to make a small hole centrally above the square.
2 Make a basic box with a lid but with no base. Take a 22cm square of mountboard. Score at 5cm intervals to create four box sides plus a 2cm tab. Measure up 15cm from the bottom and score, then 5cm and score; this creates a box lid plus lip. Cut away the excess from the top and fold up to create a box without a base. Cover with papers and glue the side tab.
3 When dry, add the drawbridge: cut the mountboard, 4.9cm x 15cm, then score at 5cm intervals to create three squares. Fold and cover the first sections: two with patterned papers, and glue the third section inside the box (always check your drawbridge square fits before gluing it in place. Punch a hole in the first section and thread twine through it.
4 Use tape to strengthen the base and cover the tape on the box sides with patterned paper. Finish with a balloon decoration. Tie the drawbridge up to the castle and pop a small gift in the top.
Birthday Card & Tag - 1 Print out the castle template onto white card and cut out. Use the card guide to make a simple pop-up. Fold the card up. Cut white card, 12.5cm x 26cm, and stick on the top to create a back panel.
2 Cover the base card and castle with patterned and plain papers. Add glitter or gems to the tops of the flagpoles. For the castle doors, fold along the dotted lines on the reverse so that they open outwards. Glue the castle piece to the pop-up tabs. Stick the sentiment to the back of the card beneath the balloon patterned paper so when the doors open the message is visible.
3 Cut out a balloon shape from coloured card and add a number either with a stamp or using rub-ons. Tape twine behind the balloon and add a foam pad, then stick to the reverse of the card.
4 Create a tag from white card, 5cm x 15cm, and cover in paper strips. Cut out the castle doors and fold. Stick happy birthday and a balloon to the striped panel then add the doors. Punch a small star or hole at the top of the tag and thread a piece of twine through for hanging
Projects you may also like...
- Pebble Painting with POSCA
- Original Clangers Knitting Pattern
- Layered Flower Fairy Greeting
- How To Create Quilled Flowers
- How To Make Die-Cut Friendship Gifts
- How To Draw Elegant Flower Illustrations With EMOTT
- Layered and Embellished Pretty Poppies
- Die-cut Uplifting Animals
- Easy Fairy Friends Greeting