Thanks to Colette Smith’s fab slider designs, Christmas cards have never been so fun!
What you need...
- Stamps, Sizzix: Christmas Reindeer (CL540); Paper Smooches: Swanky Snow Dudes
- Card: blue, green, pink, brown, yellow, red, black, white; white core, aqua
- Embossing folders, Hero Arts: Swiss Dots (37-1604), Snowflakes (37-1140)
- Die-cutters: Sizzix, Big Shot; Cricut, Cuttlebug
- Die strip, Sizzix, ‘Tis the Season/Ho Ho Ho/Naughty or Nice (655203)
- Pens, ProMarkers: black, white
- Ink-pad, black
- Embossing powder, clear
- Glitter glue, white
- Peel-offs, snowflakes, white
- Pearl, adhesive, red
- Sanding block
'Tis The Season - 1 Emboss snowflakes on aqua card, 6.5cm x 13cm, and sand the surface. Attach to the top of a blank, 13.5cm square. Emboss dots onto white
card, 9cm x 13.5cm.
2 Cut a slit, 1cm x 10cm, 5cm from the bottom edge, then trim a curved edge along the top. Attach with 3mm foam tape. Stamp and emboss three trees and a reindeer, then colour and cut out.
3 Glue a penny on the reverse of the reindeer, then decorate with glitter-glue and a red pearl. When dry, attach another penny with foam pads and slip into the slit. Adhere the trees and sentiment, as shown.
Season's Greetings - 1 Cover the top of an A6 landscape blank with teal card, then cut white with a curved edge to fit the bottom of the blank. Cut a curved slit, 1cm x 7cm, and attach with foam tape, 3mm.
2 Stamp and emboss two trees, two snowmen a pole and a sentiment, then colour and cut out. Adhere to the card, as shown. Embellish with snowflakes.
3 Draw and cut out a snowball, then mount onto a white card circle, 2.5cm, and glue a penny to the back. When dry, attach another penny with foam pads and slip into the slit.
Naughty Or Nice - 1 Cut a slit, 1cm x 7.5cm, 5cm from the top of blue card, 14.5cm square. Stick dark blue, 15cm square, behind the slit then attach with foam tape. Make the Santa, chimneys and moon using the template.
2 Glue a penny to the Santa, then attach another and slip into the slit when dry. Stick dotty card, 2.5cm x 15cm, to the bottom. Adhere the chimneys, moon and sentiment, then draw stars in white pen, as shown.
Merry Christmas - 1 Cut a slit, 1cm x 7cm, 3.5cm from the top of light blue card, 9cm x 10cm. Stick light blue, A6, behind the slit and attach with foam pads.
2 Cut white dot embossed card with a curved edge to fit the bottom of the card, then attach with foam tape. Use the template to make the robin, trees and cloud.
3 Glue a penny to the robin, allow to dry, then attach another penny with foam pads and slip into the slit. Adhere the trees, cloud and sentiment. Embellish with snowflakes, as shown.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA