Brenda Harvey's zesty fruit set looks good enough to eat
What you need...
- BEADS Polymer clay: fruit slices (PL001 mix), 10mm, Glass: fruits (czm-fruitmix), Acrylic: leaves, green, 24mm x 22.5mm, Seed, round: red; pink; green
- FINDINGS Choker band, silver-plated, Kilt pin, silver-plated, Chain, silver-plated, 4mm, Clasp, toggle, silver, plated, Wire, bead stringing, green; silver-plated, 0.4mm, Crimp beads, silver-plated, Jump rings, silverplated, 7mm; 9mm, Earwires, silver-plated, Head pins, silver-plated
- TOOLS Pliers: flat-nosed; round-nosed, Cutters, wire
Fruit Slice Necklace - 1. Decide on the finished length of your necklace and cut two pieces of green bead stringing wire 10cm longer than this. Start at one end of the necklace with both wires together and add two crimp beads followed by one half of a clasp. Take the wires back through the crimp beads, compressing them with the flat-nosed pliers. Trim the excess wire to 5mm and hide the ends inside three green seed beads, holding them in place by compressing another crimp bead directly beneath them.
2. Start the first of the beading sequences by threading both wires through a green seed bead then separate them. Thread one with a fruit slice and the other with three green seed beads. Bring the wires back together again and push both wires through a seed bead. Repeat these steps, alternating the side you place the fruit slice on, until you are within 3cm of the desired finished length. Attach the other half of the clasp as before.
Make it yours - Create earrings by threading head pins with a citrus slice and seed beads, then attach to earwires.
Projects you may also like...
- Pebble Painting with POSCA
- Original Clangers Knitting Pattern
- Layered Flower Fairy Greeting
- How To Create Quilled Flowers
- How To Make Die-Cut Friendship Gifts
- How To Draw Elegant Flower Illustrations With EMOTT
- Layered and Embellished Pretty Poppies
- Die-cut Uplifting Animals
- Easy Fairy Friends Greeting