Create on-trend Nordic style, with Helen Cant’s festive fabric button set
What you need...
- BROOCH Beads, round, faceted, glass, 10mm, red x 1, silver/clear cathedral x 1; 8mm, clear x 1, Snowflake charm x 1, Fair Isle fabric, Metal self-cover button, 38mm x 1, Square filigree connector, 39mm x 1, Jump rings, 5mm, Head pins, Brooch finding
- TOOLS Pliers, round-nosed, flat-nosed, snipe-nosed, Wire cutters, Compass, Pencil, Tracing paper, Scissors, Tape measure, Epoxy resin glue
Brooch - 1. Draw a 68mm circle with a 38mm circle inside onto tracing paper and use to cut out a circle of Fair Isle fabric. Remove the shank from a 38mm cover button and secure the fabric to it. Adhere to a 39mm square filigree connector. Once set, glue a brooch finding to the reverse.
2.Create a drop with a 10mm red and 8mm clear bead, plus another with a single 10mm clear and silver bead. Using 5mm jump rings, secure the drops and a snowflake charm to the bottom of the connector.
Make it yours - Create matching hair grips by making up 19mm cover buttons and gluing onto filigree hair pin blanks.
Projects you may also like...
- Pebble Painting with POSCA
- Original Clangers Knitting Pattern
- Layered Flower Fairy Greeting
- How To Create Quilled Flowers
- How To Make Die-Cut Friendship Gifts
- How To Draw Elegant Flower Illustrations With EMOTT
- Layered and Embellished Pretty Poppies
- Die-cut Uplifting Animals
- Easy Fairy Friends Greeting