Fashion a set of colourful floral coasters using the Crossover by Tattered Lace
What you need...
- Tattered Lace®
- Crossover™ machine
- Dies: Tattered Lace®, Summertime Flowers (QF175); circle, 11.5cm
- Felt sheets, various colours, 1.5mm thick
- Embroidery thread
Floral Coasters - 1. Choose five colours of felt for each coaster and arrange them so that no two similar shades are touching. Use the Summertime Flowers die set to cut shapes from four pieces of felt, then die-cut a circle from the remaining colour.
2. Pin the small circle centre to the middle of the smallest flower and over-sew around the circumference using two strands of contrasting embroidery thread. Take this piece and pin it to the third flower and sew into place using running stitch, 2mm from the edge of the centre circle. Attach the third layer to the largest flower.
3. Pin the completed bloom to the centre of the large plain circle and over-sew in place, stitching between the scallops of the petals to hold the entire piece to the background. Cut another large disc of thinner felt and glue it to the underside to hide the stitching. Repeat these steps using a variety of colours to make as many coasters as you wish. CB
Find out more... - The new Crossover™ from Tattered Lace® is a sturdy, portable machine that’s ideal for working with paper, fabric and more. With its fold-up platforms, adjustable roller height and geared action, the Crossover™ makes die-cutting a fuss-free affair, even when you’re using vellum, chiffon, chipboard or denim. Plus, Tattered Lace® has designed an extensive range of gorgeous dies to use with the machine. Known as ‘deep dish’ dies, these thin metal dies have a slightly deeper cut, making them perfect for slicing through fabric without leaving annoying threads still attached.To discover more about the Tattered Lace® Crossover™, visit createandcraft.tv or call 08717 123455. You can watch Create and Craft on Sky 674, Freeview 36, Virgin 748 and Freesat 813.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA