Whip up a clever concertina card for your mum this Mother's Day
What you need...
- Cardstock: green, pale blue, white, brown
- Papers, origami, Contemporary Colour Collection, Folded Square
- Dies, Framelits Circles #2 (658604), Sizzix
- Punches: circle, 5/8”; 1”; 1.5”; corner rounder
- Pens, fine liner: brown, yellow
- Ribbon, orange
- Gems, clear
Floral Centrepiece - 1 Take a 7cm square of yellow paper. With the white side facing up, fold into diagonal quarters. Bring the bottom and top points to the centre, then fold again towards the middle. Turn over and bring the coloured sides together along the length, then fold in half and hold in place with a dab of glue. This is one petal – make another seven and adhere together to make a circle. This is your main flower head.
2 Take two pieces of round white card: one 4cm wide and the other 11.5cm. Decorate each with a narrow doodled border. Take the smaller sphere and fix a brown dot, 2.5cm wide, to the middle. Layer onto the main flower.
3 Fix the flower onto the larger bordered circle. Layer onto blue card, 12.5cm square, with the corners rounded. Mount onto a white square blank, 13cm, and round the corners. Draw and cut out three leaves from green card, then attach with a sentiment and a few gems.
Three Flowers - 1 Using 4cm squares of paper, follow the folding instructions from before to make three flowers: a pink, yellow and an orange. Punch three 1” circles for the flower centres, one in each flower colour. Make three smaller spheres from white paper. Assemble as shown, then glue a gem to each bloom.
2 Create a sentiment and fix to the bottom of an A6 top-folding blank. Cover the remainder with blue card, then wrap and tie orange ribbon around the join. Round off the lower corners of the card. Glue the flowers to the blank and add three hand-cut leaves.
Projects you may also like...
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA
- Pom-Pom Hot Water Bottle Cover
- Elegant Foiled Card
- Jolly Christmas Snowmen Card
- Decorative Calligraphy Baubles & Gift Boxes
- Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Cross-Stitch Christmas Cushion
- Embroidered Felt Christmas Decorations