Create Helen Cant’s antique-style botanical set using vintage imagery and resin
What you need...
- BEADS Flower, Czech glass, 10mm x 13mm: raspberry crush x 3; amethyst x 3, Leaf, glass, 18mm x 13mm, green x 4, Round, faceted, glass, 8mm: opaque turquoise x 6; rosaline x 6; topaz x 5, Round, glass, 4mm, yellow x 6, Charms, antique brass, keys: 26mm x 9mm x 2; 27mm x 12mm x 4
- FINDINGS Bezels, antique brass-plated: 20mm, circle, rope-edged x 5; 40mm x 30mm, oval x 1 Brooch back bezel, antique brass-plated, 30mm, circle, Bezel ring blanks, antique brass, 20mm, circle, Jump rings, antique brass: 5mm x 28; 6mm x 8; 8mm x 5, Chain: curb, antique brass, medium link, large link; trace, antique brass, small link, Head pins, antique brass, Ear wires, antique brass, Clasp, antique brass: toggle; lobster
- TOOLS Resin, doming and glazing, Gedeo, Printer, Paper, photo, A4, matt coated, inkjet, 170G, Measuring cups, graded in millilitres, Lolly sticks, Heat gun, Paint brush, Glue, PVA, Pliers: round-nosed; flat-nosed, Cutters, wire
Bracelet - 1. Download the PDF file for this project, Load a sheet of matt coated photo paper into your printer. For optimum printing, ensure your printer is set to its highest quality level in the preferences menu before printing. Afterwards, leave the paper for at least an hour to allow the ink to fully dry.
2. Cut out three small circular printed images and glue each one securely into a small round antique brass bezel. When dry, apply six coats of PVA glue as before. Once free of any moisture, pour a small amount of resin into the centre of each bezel, spreading it out to the edges and adding more as necessary. Remove any air bubbles and leave to cure.
3. Link the bezels together with 6mm jump rings. Cut two equal pieces of large link antique brass curb chain to a length that, once added to the ends of the connected bezels, will create the desired size of bracelet. Secure a chain to the loop at each end of the bezels. Thread a 4mm yellow glass round and a glass flower onto a head pin then form a wrapped loop. Repeat to make three more flower drops.
4. Create 12 single bead drops using a selection of 8mm pink, turquoise and topaz rounds. Using jump rings, secure an equal number of beaded head pins, along with a glass leaf bead and an antique brass key charm, to the chain at both sides of the connected bezels. To finish, secure a toggle clasp to the ends of each of the bracelet.
Make it yours - For a great range of alternative imagery to create your own vintage-style designs, visit http://www.thegraphicsfairy.com