Get the metallic look in just four quick steps with our easy how-to guide including step-shots
What you need...
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, Persian Dawn
- Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flake and Glitter Glue
- Card, white
- Stamp, docrafts, Happy Christmas
- Ribbon, gold
- Sponge wedge
- Stencil brush
Gild a Christmas Greeting - 1 Spread a small amount of glue over glue over one side of a sponge. Lightly tap the surface of the stamp, making sure there is a light, even coverage. Quickly stamp the image and a sentiment onto white card, making sure that the stamp doesn’t wobble or move. Carefully lift off the card.
2 Sprinkle gilding flakes over the stamped image and gently press down with your fingertips. Try not to smudge the glue underneath. Tap the loose flakes back into the pot and use your fingertips to gently rub across the card to reveal the stamped image.
3 Use a stencil brush to gently polish the surface of the stamped image. This will remove any fine particles to leave a clean, crisp outline. Trim the image to 10.5cm x 14.5cm and dab the glued sponge around the edge of the card, then apply the glitter flakes and remove any excess. Matt onto a card blank the same size. Wrap and tie a ribbon in a bow around the bottom of the card.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA