Whip up a delightful, summery easel card with our how-to
What you need...
- Straws, various colours
- Paper pad, Summer, American Crafts
- Adhesive letters, Shin Dig, Doodlebug
- Ribbon, grosgrain: yellow, orange
- Twine, white
- Card, white
- Punch, hole
Stick blue patterned paper down the left edge of A6 card. Adhere a red dot print to the remaining section. On the reverse, fix zig zag paper. Type and print party invitation details onto white card, trim, then layer onto a green pattern. Adhere on top of the zig zag paper.
Cut a large circle from yellow paper and a slightly smaller one from white card. Trim a second yellow circle, slightly smaller than the white, and cut into eight equal-sized curved triangles. Stick onto the white, leaving tiny gaps between the shapes. Adhere this to the larger yellow circle. Repeat this process to make a slightly smaller lime shape and a smaller lemon one. Stick to the card using double-sided tape and 3-D foam pads.
Trim a silver and white straw, 17cm long, and fold a long strip of orange paper around it. Secure the two ends together using doublesided tape and stick adhesive letters across to spell ‘PARTY’. Trim an inverted ‘v’ at the end of the strip.
Tie yellow grosgrain ribbon above and below the orange panel, then fix orange ribbon below. Trim the ends with sharp scissors. Add 3-D foam pads to the back of the orange panel and glue the straw between the join in the papers to complete.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA