MAKE ELLEN KHARADE'S FUN POLYMER CLAY COOKIE JEWELLERY
What you need...
- FINDINGS Polymer clay, Fimo Soft: sahara (70); cognac (76); chocolate (75); lavender (62); white (0); small amounts in various colours, Liquid polymer clay, Fimo, Ribbon, narrow, fuchsia, Powder, iridescent pearl, white, Jump rings 6mm, silver, Head pins, silver, Clasp, caribiner, Earwires, Elastic filament, clear, Chalk pastels: red; rust; blue
- TOOLS Needle, beading, Hobby drill, Dremel, Drill bit, fine, Dremel, Cutters, fondant: round, 2cm; blossom, 1cm, 2cm; heart, 5mm, Pliers: flat-nosed; round-nosed, Cutters, wire, Paintbrush, broad, Scalpel, Needle tool, Toothbrush, old
Jam Sandwich Cookies - Knead sahara clay until soft, then roll out to 3mm thick. Cut out two round pieces, then press a needle tool along the edges to create a scalloped edge. Texture one side of each with an old toothbrush. On one circle, make indentations with a needle, then cut a heart from the centre.
Squeeze a little liquid polymer clay onto foil and mix in red chalk pastel dust. Apply a small amount of red liquid to the centre of the non-textured disc with a cocktail stick. Place the circle with the cut-out heart on top and fill with more liquid if necessary. Apply rust chalk pastel dust to the edges using a broad paintbrush. Bake for 20 minutes at 110°C.
Iced Cookie - Cut two discs of sahara clay and decorate in the same way as the jam sandwich beads. Brush rust chalk pastel onto the edges. Knead and roll out white clay to 3mm thick, cut a circle and sandwich between the cookies.
Mix blue, rust or red chalk pastel into liquid polymer clay and apply to one half of the cookie. Roll thin strings of clay in various colours, chop up with a scalpel and apply to the icing, then bake.
Chocolate Chip Cookie - Knead chocolate clay and roll to 2mm thick. Bake for 15 minutes at 110°C, leave to cool, then chop into small pieces. Roll a 1.5cm ball of sahara clay, then add in the chocolate chips. Form into a flattened biscuit shape and add some chocolate chunks to the top. Texture with a toothbrush and make impressions on the top with a needle. Brush with rust chalk pastel and bake.
Dark Chocolate Cookies - Knead chocolate clay, roll to 3mm thick and cut out two 2cm blossoms. Remove a 1cm blossom from the centre of one piece. Texture both with a toothbrush and make dents on the top using a needle. Cut a blossom from white clay.
Place the white flower on top of the solid blossom. Mix liquid polymer clay with white chalk pastel, place a small amount in the centre of the cookie and place the blossom with the hole on top. Add a coloured ball to decorate and bake.
Milk Chocolate Cookies - Make in the same way as the dark chocolate cookies, but using cognac clay and omit the blossom hole. Decorate with several coloured balls before baking.
Necklace - 1. Make three iced cookies, three jam sandwich cookies, one chocolate chip cookie and four dark chocolate cookies. Drill a hole through each bead from the side. Knead lilac clay until soft and form 12, 8mm balls. Make holes in the centres using a beading needle, then roll in white iridescent powder and bake.
2. Thread head pins through each bead, trim the ends and form neat loops either side. Link the beads together, then attach jump rings either end, plus a clasp. Tie four 10cm lengths of ribbon into bows along the necklace.
Make it yours - MAKE MATCHING EARRINGS WITH LILAC BALLS AND A COOKIE, OR GLUE ONE ONTO A RING BLANK.
Projects you may also like...
- DIY Painted Homeware
- Rainbow Cards with Colouring Pens
- Papercraft Scandi Houses
- Contemporary Die-Cut Christmas Cards
- Cute Christmas Wishes Card
- Stitched Snow Princess Doll
- Easy Layered Snowman Christmas Card
- How to Make Christmas Bath Bombs at Home
- Classic Christmas Illustrations & Calligraphy With POSCA