The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Proudhubby

Tips for an Advent Calendar

Hi,

I am not a sewer but a proud husband of one.

I would like to make my wife a sewing based advent calendar for this Christmas and need some ideas from you all as to what to put in it. I have an empty advent calendar all waiting (but I may buy a newer one depending on suggestions). I would therefore love to have some ideas on what you would like to see in your own sewing advent calendar.

The smaller the better, but for any larger items that do not fit I can put a note in there of where she could find it!

Thanks in advance and p.s. don't tell my wife ;)

Proudhubby

HI and welcome to the forum

suggestions include pins  tape measure  disappearing fabric marker  pen - fabric glue pen fat quarters

Not sure how big your calendar is.

Perhaps you could put a clue in each drawer as to where the gift is hidden and your wife can play a sort of hide and seek for them

Hi,

I am not a sewer but a proud husband of one.

I would like to make my wife a sewing based advent calendar for this Christmas and need some ideas from you all as to what to put in it. I have an empty advent calendar all waiting (but I may buy a newer one depending on suggestions). I would therefore love to have some ideas on what you would like to see in your own sewing advent calendar.

The smaller the better, but for any larger items that do not fit I can put a note in there of where she could find it!

Thanks in advance and p.s. don't tell my wife ;)

Proudhubby

Hmm, i would suggest also bits of photos of some of her favourite sewing projects. The ones that she loves the most...but to make them perfect i would Photoshop the images. I made a birthday calendar for my daughter and used this free software called i think Paint-net and the pictures came out perfectly! I mean, if you've never heard of it maybe this could be of help?? because photo-shopping her projects and maybe placing them in some parts of the advent calendar would add an extra touch.