The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Little Thread

Hello from a Newbie Stitcher, Art Journaler / Scrapbooker here!

Hello,

I am a newbie here, I joined from the sewmag.co.uk website today, having bought my first issue of the magazine.  I'm feeling inspired to try some sewing after watching The Great British Sewing Bee!  I also like to dabble with Art Journaling, Scrapbooking (I love Rubber Stamping and Decoupage!), Drawing, and Embroidery.  I would love to learn and try Blackwork Embroidery, Tapestry / Needlepoint, Zentangle, and any new Papercraft techniques!

Looking forward to making some new likeminded friends on here for some shared inspiration, encouragement and techniques.

Best Wishes,

Hi and welcome to the forum - sounds like you are definitely in the right place :)

Do have a good look at the links to the projects and videos at the tops of the screen, and there s plenty of inspiration to be found from the other members' wonderful makes too xx

Hello Anniebabes and Bigbunniesuk, Thank you for the lovely welcome!

Annie, did you knit the cute character in your avatar picture?  He looks lovely.  I used to have a Knitting Nancy doll when I was a little girl, but I don't remember ever doing much with it other than making long cords!  Perhaps I should have done more with it.

Carolyn, Thank you for reminding me to look at the links at the top for projects and videos, etc.  I did actually overlook that whilst trying to stumble my way around the site.  I will take a look now!   :)

Hi LT, and a big welcome from me too. 😀

Looks like you enjoy lots of lovely crafts. 😀

I'm a knitter. I knit mainly for charities, including preemies and Angel babies. I also make hats, blankets, scarves etc for my local homeless charity.

I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration on here for all your crafts.

Hello Anniebabes and Bigbunniesuk, Thank you for the lovely welcome!

Annie, did you knit the cute character in your avatar picture?  He looks lovely.  I used to have a Knitting Nancy doll when I was a little girl, but I don't remember ever doing much with it other than making long cords!  Perhaps I should have done more with it.

Carolyn, Thank you for reminding me to look at the links at the top for projects and videos, etc.  I did actually overlook that whilst trying to stumble my way around the site.  I will take a look now!   :)

Yes Sam Scarecrow.  Knitted him for my nursery song bag (Dingle Dangle Scarecrow).  Was some years back now and I have now retired but Sam is still going strong. x