The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Eliza28

Sunday

Hello crafters

Been raining overnight. .hope it's dry this morning as hubby wants to finish his garden work. .since we had extension built we have had to let all the bins live in the front garden. .they look very yuk..3 large bins ..he has built a store. .we are on slope so it's dug down at least we are not looking out on them now and tubs with shrubs will go in front to distract the eye from the kerb.. still don't like them there but needs must.

Did anyone watch Shakesphere last night..I only watched it as daughter and son in law went but I enjoyed it.. the Prince of Wales as the Prince of Denmark alongside all the great RSC actors. .

Think I'm still tired..can't get the writing flowing this morning..Suzie hope your evicting the unwelcome guests..I'll try and come back later a bit more awake..off to get a cuppa and pain relief.

Keep crafting. .

Hi Eliza.

It's very quiet on here hope everyone is busy crafting

I had another late night with my quilt, I am adding seed beads to applique so sticky eyes today from straining to see the hole in bead for sewing needle

What are the pom poms being used for Eliza it seems to be a community venture,do you have a pom pom maker or is it an old cardboard method

No plans for today so been lazy so far, I do see HW needing my attention but trying to ignore it

Tracy I did think you must be off to see mil she is in a care facility now isn't she? Hope things have settled again it is such a long way to go when worried,

I will pop back later off to make a cuppa

Hi Liz..I got a pom pom maker set in a charity shop for £1.50..4 sizes but biggest only abour 5 inch. They are for the community weekend in June..the theme is textiles as we used to be mill village. .the pom poms are going to be a cascade (inspired by Tower of London poppies ). .depending how many we get made as to where it will be..the aim is spilling out and all down chruch tower .

Edited by Eliza28

Hi pom pom idea sounds good eliza,it will be great on the church tower, remember to get a pic of it, you got a bargain with the charity shop find

I have just spent more money on Am***n I bought 4 metre of plain cotton for quilt backing and the June tailor cut and press mat for my applique also the mini craft iron and a book of quilt labels, So that's my expensive afternoon at home I maybe should have gone out instead lol

No more buying for a few weeks as I bought lace and ric rac

Thread and fuseable webbing the other day and more fabric also, (I am bad)

Been sunny here today so got bed linen done, not done much else but browse internet and sew, made coffee and sat down

Hope you are all ok just me and Eliza on here

Still just the two of us Liz..my washing out almost dry and a hail storm. .grrr.

I've made 15 pom poms this afternoon. .going to fasten them together with crochet in the hope I will spot them in among the installation. .will make more first..it's not the winding but the cutting that I find hard.

Naughty Liz..spending all that ..he he..good on you. I was silly on holiday..I saw a mini iron in a charity shop..meant to get it..I was distracted ans forgot.. I have my old full size one in my craft room.

Edited by Eliza28

I use an old full size one too Eliza but find it a pest if I am just doing arms/legs / feet etc, so hope I like mini one and it suits the task

Dull here now also so bedding indoors needs to dry off though

Ruth just phoned we are joining them at wea****sp**ns for tea in half an hour, nice surprise but I am Sat in my joggers and a baggy tea shirt, oh well showered this morning so a quick face wash and change

Bfn