The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
K1P1nanna

One Row Buttonhole...help!

Hello,

Please can somebody help me with my buttonhole band in a K2P2 rib band. I want to make it a one row, cast off and cast on type buttonhole and in my case a 4st buttonhole.

I've tried YouTube but seem to end up minus a stitch, even though I know you have to cast on 5sts...help please!

Thanks.

I don't think this is quite the same method. All I can tell you is I found it on YouTube under KnittingHelp.com and without going into too much detail I wrote it down step by step.

Basically, you wrap the first stitch which is slipped purl wise then psso for as many number of times as you want the b/hole to be, in my case a 4 st size. Then you do the cast on plus one extra st. But it doesn't seem to look the same as the video. I haven't detailed the entire process, ie turning work round, but hopefully you can help me solve this problem...please?! The main problem is that nearly all examples are shown in stocking stitch and not 2x2 rib!

Thanks in advance.

Veronica.

Hi Veronica

I watched the video on youtube and aslo this one    

I think no matter how you do it as you are working in rib its not going to look as same as video.

All you can do perhaps is try using scarp yarn rather than your main garment. Maybe once buttons stitched on and fastened they will look ok

Sign in to follow this