The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
AbstractAstra

Kirstie's Handmade Christmas 2015

Has anyone else been watching the new series?  There have been two episodes so far (both available on All 4) and they're so inspiring, as always - although I can't help feeling Kirstie doesn't seem her usual chipper self this year, and in part of the first episode you can definitely hear she's got a sore throat!  But the programme is still fantastic and it always makes me want to try loads of crafts.  There are a number of competitions in each episode including wreaths, gingerbread houses, cakes, and advent calendars (which I would have loved to see last month, in plenty of time for the start of December!); plus Kirstie gets shown how to make things, some of which are fantastic. 

I'm still too unwell to do much more than go online or watch TV for a little while, so for now my Christmas crafty inspiration is staying in my head.  But I still love watching the programmes and having loads of ideas; it's a great distraction if you're not feeling great. :)

On a side note, one of the advent calendars was made of balloons - a balloon filled with treats for each of the 24 days - and I couldn't help thinking that many of them would look more like prunes by the time they got popped.

Edited by AbstractAstra

I haven't spotted that in the schedules - I've got some catching up to do!  When's it on please?

The chances of keeping 24 balloons unpopped in this house full of cats are ver remote to say the least.  And one of the ladies I work with has a phobia of balloons, never come across that before  , she would have turned the tv off at that point  :)

Hi Kirsty Christmas is on a Tuesday on 4at 8oclock 4+1at 9 o'clock. Or catch up tv

Very good series once again , I found this stocking filler on Pinterest, get two candy canes put on top a kits at stack on top 3 fudge bars finally on top a bag of chocolate pennies and put a chocolate Father Christmas in the front and tie with a ribbon see photo below and you have a Santa and sleigh.

Edited by stakreem

I've watched it ..forgot this week but found it on catchup

Wasn't keen on the tree decorating. .loved the cakes especially the white one..the wreaths inspired me .. I agree could have done with Kirsty visiting last month as by this time I have made all my Christmas crafts, don't have the time in December.

Looking forward to next weeks.

I haven't spotted that in the schedules - I've got some catching up to do!  When's it on please?

The chances of keeping 24 balloons unpopped in this house full of cats are ver remote to say the least.  And one of the ladies I work with has a phobia of balloons, never come across that before  , she would have turned the tv off at that point  :)

It's been on Tuesday evenings on channel 4.  Well worth a watch!  The final one is this Tuesday.