The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
AngelGoneMad

No Search Function???

Hi,

I haven't been on the forum in a while and have noticed a lot of changes and it's looking good.

There is one thing that I am missing and can't seem to find: the search function?

I used to be able to search for various posts by using key words but I can't find a search box anywhere now. I can see the search through topics by going through my profile which shows me the topics in which I have participated.

Does anyone have a search bar or is it just me that isn't getting it? Or is it on the website but can only view it via a different version of internet explorer/chrome etc?

I am currently viewing through Chrome. Just tried viewing through Internet Explorer and well, let's just say I didn't like it on there.

Look forward to someone's help with this :)

Hi and welcome back.  Unfortunately there is no search box that I am aware of.

Hope you enjoy the new forum and if there is anything else I can help with (hopefully I can ) let me know

I agree, that's really annoying to not have the search. :( For example I'm trying to look if there are any posts about polymer clay (because there's no dedicated forum section for that), and I can't! I wonder how I'm supposed to use the forum if I cannot find the basic topics that interest me.

HQ are in the process of putting a search function on here.

If there is no thread for your specific craft then you should look in Other Techniques. 

You could put a post on asking about Polymer clay

Yes - there's been a lot of changes AGM!

Glad you noticed that - I was looking for MOTM posts, and noticed exactly the same thing just a few days ago and thought I had gone mad!!!

The main thing is that there is a pic ration now, and you may find you have to call up earlier posts and delete pics to post new ones.

Thumbnails are best now.

You can always re-post on Busymitts. I keep meaning to!

Also, if you are away for a bit - or for something else - there is a 15 min wait before it will recognise you - guess it's to deter the spammers.  I like to keep going on e.g. Fun and games so I get a easy connection each week.

Edited by maritrez