The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Elizajane

4.30 Sunday

Warm.dull.dry here...been crocheting t-shirt yarn without much sucess...keep trying though.

Knitqueen..your mother sounds like my F.I.L. nice on the surface. .you have my sympathy. .my aunt is different. .she has issues following a war time trauma. ..she has no family... had cash that vanished..turns out she was too trusting with 'friends'...her substantial pension is now used to make her comfy and well cared for in her remaining years which hasn't gone down well with so called friends....my thought tough ..her cash for her... Well not sure but they no longer visit. Sad but she is well loved and cared for in the home. .

Happy crafty Sunday eve to all

Edited by Elizajane

well eliza care and safety are better than a pension , I think you were only thinking of your aunts best interests , you can only do what you feel ifs best and it will take the strain off you hopefully

has everyone had a nice crafty day,

my evening will be spent on the sofa with cuppas and crochet , still not done anything with my

granddaughters frozen fabric , where does the days go?

I hope tomorrow is a warmer day I was so jealous when knittingqueen described the heat when coming from the airconditioned restaurant

hope to hear about all my lovely crafty friends again tomorrow, have a nice evening

Hi everyone I have had a fantastic weekend jade and matt came down from Norfolk for the weekend, we went to the Marlowe theatre in Canterbury to see my grand daughter in her first ballet production. She is 8 years old and has been recommended to go to the ballet school in London when she is old enough as long as she keeps her interest. They say she could go a long way. Then we had a Chinese take away. To end the day on Saturday.

Today we went to hobby craft, I bought Pom Pom makers crofters wool and cotton yarn. Plus some jewellery charms , Jade bought the latest craze Loom Bands. For making bracelets ect.

Then it was over to M&S for some summer skirts and tops, and to end the day we had a meal at a local pub. My knees held out and I thoroughly enjoyed it , jade and matt are on their way home now and I can dream of what I can do with my hobby craft goodies.

John made a currant cake a couple of days ago so now I am settleing down with a slice and watching country file. Enjoy the rest of your evening .

Edited by stakreem

Afternoon all :)

Just a quickie from me as just wanted to say hello.  Been a busy day again.  I've cut out some simple shorts, re-purposing some t-shirts for the girls so will try and sew those tomorrow.  They're quite quick and as I've cut the bottom of the shorts along the t-shirt hemlines I don't have to sew those bits ;)

Have a good evening all - off to help out with the BBQ as the sun has shone today :P

Evening ladies, family all gone home. DH is in the bedroom waiting for football final to start. Not sure what I'm watching but going to do some crochet. 

Rain eased up about 1.30 and its been nice since then - lots of sun and a lovely cool breeze blowing in the window.

Enjoy your evening

Evening ladies.

Well today has been lovely after our heavy downpour at 4am which woke the OH and I.

Boys homework complete. Washing and ironing complete. HW complete. Made treacle sponge pudding for the boys mmm only on a Sunday mind.

Took a break from my lace cardi and made 3 hug mugs for my boys teachers/nursery key worker .. I put a pic up in FO ...

OH is watching the final and I'm going to cart on a cardi for one of the boys as a break from the lace cardi. :D j... I just can't help my self.

Sounds like everyone has had lovely and eventful weekends x