Crafts Beautiful Magazine

- - - - -

Make & Sell Jewellery issue 52 forum challenge - closes at 5.30pm on 5th August 2013

challenge competition make jewellery prize win

11 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Melissa Hyland
Melissa Hyland

Advanced Member

• Editorial - Make Sell Jewellery
  • 83 posts
  • Editorial - Make Sell Jewellery
  • LocationColchester

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the latest forum challenge for our very special August issue (issue 52); the very first Make & Sell Jewellery on sale from Friday 28th July! The new-look magazine now includes a regular section devoted to those who want to sell their creations, with tips and advice from business experts plus exclusive copyright free projects. Those who enjoy making as a hobby haven't been forgotten however, with ideas to keep the kids entertained on holiday, vintage-style projects, a masterclass on faux ageing and much more.

All you have to do to enter is:

* Produce a jewellery make based around the main theme of vintage style, or one of the other themes or projects within the magazine. This means that you can either enter your own unique creation, or a piece based on one of the projects featured in this month's issue.

* Feel free to use any beads in your stash and try out different techniques too!

* We ask that you post a well-lit, good-quality picture in this thread, with a little explanation about how you created your entry and any details about the beads and techniques used.

* One entry per person please (overseas entrants welcome). Challenge closes at 5.30pm on 5th August 2013. The winner will be announced shortly after and a fresh challenge will be opened for the new issue. And the winner will receive a lovely beady goodie bag and appear on the Your Space page within the magazine!

Any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] We look forward to seeing your entries!

Melissa Hyland

Deputy Editor

#2 Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

maritrez
maritrez

Maritrez

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 7,723 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Sounds great!

Trouble is, what I think is just Retro, others regard as Vintage.

Ah, me!

:) 
MT

'Someday' is made up of a thousand tiny 'NOW's.

#3 Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

totallytilly
totallytilly

• Members
    Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Hi 

Here is my vintage make. A macrame cuff made with khaki c-lon beading cord ,size 11 seed beads and Czech faceted cubes. Finished wit 3 bronze metal buttons.

I really enjoy designing this cuff , it took over 30 hours to make.

Thanks 

Totally Tilly

Attached Thumbnails

• Recently Updated.jpg

#4 Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

beadmanz
beadmanz

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Members
  • LocationCanada

Totally Tilly, your creation is absolutely beautiful!  Wow! 

Wendy

#5 Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

chattykathy
chattykathy

• Members
    Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Hi 

this is my vintage style make i wish to enter in your competition.

I love making charm bracelets and vintage style is my favorite type of jewellery , i used fimo and lucite flowers, and a whole load of Svarowski pearls and fire polished crystals and bronze findings that i bought from some fabulous bead shops  in New York. this was made on my holidays and is a great reminder to keep   :)

flower girls.jpg

#6 Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

tizdesigns
tizdesigns

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Hi everyone here's my vintage make. An ancient Egyptian inspired collar necklace "Queen of the Nile". Turquoise, sugilite, copper & black glass.

Not been around for a while due to illness. Having trouble navigating your new look site :(

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013_07300104.JPG
  • 2013_07300110.JPG
  • 2013_07300111.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: challenge, competition, make, jewellery, prize, win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users