The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpuppy

Help wanted with fancy dress party!

Years ago my hubby & friends went to a fancy dress every year on New Years Eve and hubby won ist prize 3 years in a row. He went as Noddy, Bertie Bassett[ liquorice allsorts man] and [ a not very PC] Hitler. We also did Dracula & his bride and it was role reversal & I must say he looked very well in my wedding dress.I was going to suggest Dame Edna Everage. Glam yourself up with a 'frock' from charity shop & make glitzy cardboard specs.What about pairing with someone & being the Blues Brothers[ Jake & Elwood] - 2 suits , hats & shades & Bob's your uncle.

Sounds fun, I went to a county and western one for a friends 40th dressed as Dolly Parton got a blond wig to wear, didnt need any padding up front those are more than large enough lol... There is so much scope for Music fancy dress, 70's big flower prints and flares, the 60's mini's sleek bobs and boots, 80's Big hair shoulder pads and terrible makeup arrrrr i remember it well....

I was going to suggest a 60s style dress then saw the pic you posted of it in pink and black. It looks FAB! Go for it! :-)

You will need to learn some 60s dances like the twist and shimmy tho' - should be mega fun!

slash from guns n' roses would be easy blow up guitar all black clothes t-shirt and jeans big black boots really big black curly wig and a top hat! oh and don't forget the 'fag' in the mouth to top it off!