sparkles
sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Members
  • LocationNorth West,England
Are you reading any good books at the moment? I just started one last night called 'The Distant Echo' by Val Mc Deermid.It's about four students that find girls body on their way home one night and they are then the suspects but there wasn't enough evidence to charge them so after about 20 years or so the case is reopened but the four students start to mysteriously get killed. I've only read the first 2 chapters so far but it's really gripping.Has anyone else read this book or any by this author?
Sparkles :)

#2 Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Tassie
Tassie

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Members
  • LocationEngland
I'm reading "I am Legend" at the moment (just started it). I haven't seen the moive yet, I prefer to read the book first, lol. It's really good so far but a little confusing because the main character is described in the book as "of English-German stock" and blond ... which erm, isn't really Will Smith, but never mind.
I run with scissors ... it makes me feel dangerous.

My Craft Blog ... My deviantART ...

#3 Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

MentalSarcasm
MentalSarcasm

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Members
  • LocationHertfordshire
Born to be Riled by Jeremy Clarkson.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. http://trinketsncharms.blogspot.com/

#4 Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:31 PM

CindyBee
CindyBee

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Members
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand
Hi Sparkles I love Val McDiarmid too. I'll have to look out for this one. I've just finished Patricia Cornwell's Book of the Dead. Moving on to something lighter now and re-reading The Cross Stitch series by Diana Gabaldon
Cindy :) www.cindy-bee.blogspot.com

#5 Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

GeorgeBee
GeorgeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
    PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Members
That sounds like a really interesting book Sparkles!!!! I am reading a book about moles, in a wood, can't remeber the name of it as haven't read it for about two months and don't know where it is lol! D-something wood, or hill maybe!

#6 Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

julesrules
julesrules

• Members
    Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Members
  • LocationWest Midlands
Im reading the book Gloria Huniford wrote about her daughter Caron Keatings courageous fight with cancer. I must admit I wept at the first couple of chapters as they described her last few days and her death. I dont usually like biography/autobiography books and im finding that its taking ages to read but feel as though abandoning the book is some kind of betrayal (if thats the right word)to the subject matter (ie. cancer sufferers) Does that make sense or am i just being over sensitive? Jules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users