The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Naida.Ally

Let's Knit Charity Squares Challenge (closing date Friday 22nd March)

Well sadly I didn't get to popping pics of my squares on yesterday as spent most of the day in bed feeling rough, but I will just add them anyway because I can today lol xxx

I made normal Granny squares in all different colours. I was really chuffed as the charity blanket made me try a Granny square for the first time, as I had been putting it off for ages thinking they looked really hard.....only to make one and then discover that they are addictive. So here are my makes which will be in the post to Denise this week if all the snow we have at the mo goes away ;-)

I must say I am loving all the other squares on here and so many to choose from, bunnies, butterfly, ornate squares, Owl (I have plans for a project that will involve me making several Owl squares hehehe), and so many more which are all gorgeous xxx

Good luck to all of you that entered xxx

post-34166-13668179715378_thumb.jpg

post-34166-13668179715751_thumb.jpg

post-34166-13668179716111_thumb.jpg

wow the crotchet looks so addictive, with loads of wool sitting in y top cupboard I am tempted to start crotchet again, but at moment have other things to complete, so must not be tempted to divert..........one of my New Years resolutions was to complete all started projects, so must stick to that ambition at least.....keep it up everyone...they look great. I think this must be my 1,000 post..........

Aloha everyone!

The weather may be particularly frightful, but here at LK our day is being brightened by all of your wonderful submissions for the charity squares challenge!

Please check back at 4pm this afternoon to find out which squares have been chosen, and until then sit tight, stay warm, and have a lovely day!

Naida :cheese:

Okie dokie, the time has come to reveal the winners of the Charity Blanket Challenge.....

As ever, we think each and every entry deserves a jolly good pat on the back and we're really impressed with everyone's efforts - more so because it's all for such a good cause. Thank you so much to all for entering and for contributing towards this wonderful cause.

Also, a huge thank you to Linda and Denise for organising this charity blanket - it's such a wonderful thing to volunteer to do and is really lovely to see everyone come together for a communal cause. Kerry and I have had a go too, and will be posting our efforts off to Denise this week.

Without further ado, the challenge winners are....

(drumroll please)

*Knitnstitch Sue (Rabbit)

*Aisles (Red and Yellow granny square)

*Stakreem - Linda (Bavarian square)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

If all winners could please message me with your addresses, your prizes will be posted to you soon!

Take care everyone, thanks so much for entering and well done to our winners!

Naida :cheese: