The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
craftylynney

lgc 44 granny square golden flower

So here's the pattern from the magazine. In my sketch, the long arrow at the bottom indicates one of the 3ch spaces from Rnd 2 (there will be four of these altogether). In Rnd 3, (the blue letters above the arrow in my picture), you work (1dc, 1tr, 3dtr, 1tr, 1dc) into each of the four chain spaces (just one example shown in my sketch). In Rnd 4 (green in my sketch), you slip stitch into the first of these seven stitches, then work 1dc, then (1htr, 2dtr into next st), then 1dc in next stitch. The last two stitches of the seven-stitch section are skipped.

Is this what you are doing? If it still doesn't look right, I will contact the designer.

Using 5mm hook and blue yarn make a magic loop

Rnd 1: 3ch (counts as first tr), 7tr into loop, using yellow yarn join with a sl st to third ch, tighten to close

Cont in yellow yarn

Rnd 2: (3ch, miss one st, sl st into next st) four times

Rnd 3: * (1dc, 1tr, 3dtr, 1tr, 1dc) in 3ch sp of prev rnd, sl st to prev rnd, rep from * three times

Rnd 4: sl st in next st, * 1dc in next st, (1htr, 2dtr) into next st, (2dtr, 1htr into next st), 1dc in next st, 2ch, miss two sts, rep from * three times, sl st

Fasten off yellow yarn, join blue yarn to same sp

Rnd 5: 4ch, 2dtr into same sp, * 3ch, miss three sts, (1tr, 2dtr, 1tr) into same st at end of petal, 3ch, miss three sts, 3dtr into sp, rep from * two times, 3ch, miss three sts, (1tr, 2dtr, 1tr) into same st at end of petal, 3ch, using yellow yarn sl st to fourth ch

Cont in yellow yarn

Rnd 6: 1ch (1dc into top of each of three dtr from prev rnd, 4dc into ch sp, 1dc in each of next two sts, 3dc into corner, 1dc in next st, 4dc into sp) four times, sl st to first ch to join

Rnd 7: 1ch, 1dc into same sp, 1dc into next nine sts, * (1htr, 1tr) in next st, (1tr, 1htr) in next st, 1dc in next 15 sts, rep from * twice, (1htr, 1tr) in next st, (1tr, 1htr) in next st, 1dc in next five sts, sl st

Fasten off, sew in ends