The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knittingporky

F-f-f-f-funky friday

Afternoon everyone....

Hubby back from his travels.. Just sent him off for a nap (he feel asleep reading his email bless - will wake him up when Maty does!)

KP - I wish I had your energy.. Funny I came face to face with a Robin this morning on my car.. Only moved when I opened the door...

Susie - ooh exciting preparing for your holiday especially via LYS..

Dana - how exciting.. Not long now...

I feel so refreshed today.. I went to bed at 9.30 last night and didn't get up until 6.30 wow... Wonderful... I think I need it I'm fighting off Maty's cold...

Only 2 more weeks until school holidays.. Oh my 2 months of entertaining kids!!! Thankfully ours will be broken up with a trip to nanny and Poppy's and moving house...

Xxx

Me again - waiting for the taxi lol. On the hunt in the bottom of my wardrobe for the reigns (is that the right spelling?) for Alex I uncovered 3 bags of yarn containing a few UFO's, loads of needles, measuring tapes and embroidery thread! One ball was Wendy Pampas which will work really well on a loom :-)

Michelle I'm glad we get a holiday now to break up the 8 week break. Ellie breaks up next Friday. Bet you're getting excited about moving back to the UK!

Right best check on Alex - she's just found a packet of polos....

Hi all,

well I'm sick, proper sick, tonsilitis, upper resp tract infection, feel really rotten. Also hurt my back really bad last sat and the physio yest really hurt me so I am almost teary eyed and feeling very sorry for myself indeed! I cannot even go to knitty club tonight :down:

oh well, going to try get thru the dec this eve at least that might cheer me up if the chairs were free to sit on again as they are currently all swamped with clothes :roll:

Grannieannie you sound busy!

Suz - oh I love holidays in Wales, mind you it always rains, but hey I'm well used to that living over here :-)

Dani - are you near the coast?

OMG Dreamy you sound in the wars there! Hope you start to feel better soon :) And yes Ireland is certainly good training for the Welsh weather :lol:

Can't remember if I said but I've found a lovely farmhouse to rent close to the coast and by the look of the pictures in the middle of nowhere complete with a Garn and Neolithic remains apparently - really hope we can book it! Oh and the taxi was 20 minutes late so poor Ellie ended up waiting for me in the after school club. Apparently there was an accident in town which held up the traffic.

I feel like I've been a bit of a prolific poster today so I guess I'd better go :red: :lol:

wow KP! A lot of knitting in that! How do you charge by the ball or by the hour? I'm finding working out pricing really difficult! :-S

Its not that difficult, more boring. Its a 16 row repeat and very little shaping.

The shop decide how much to pay me, but its usually by the ball. However I get more per ball if its a complicated pattern than I do if its a really easy one.After all they supply the wool and the patterns, I just make up what they tell me to. Usually its between £1.50 and £3.00 a ball

Going to have to decide how much to charge for some baby hats Im making up for a friend, though. Always find that really hard