The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
babypheonix

where to find wooden stamps?

anyone know anywhere i can find wooden stamps? my local craft shop has a limited supply (5 different stamps). but i am really struggleing to find ANY online, i keep just finding wood backed rubber stamps!

i am looking for stamps to emboss angelina fibres and they therefore need to be pretty heat resistant, so if not wood, does anybody know of any other materials that stamps are made from that could stand low to moderate heat without being affected?

i'm struggling to find them on ebay either, i don't know if there is a different name for them, but i have been searching 'wood stamp' and 'wooden stamp' but seem only to be able to find rubber stamps!

yes i googled it too, seems that most places dont differentiate between wood stamp and wood backed rubber stamp! but i have just stumbled across some wooden printing blocks, so i think maybe it might be worth looking for printing blocks... i just hope thay aren't all going to be massive!

i'm not looking for any particular designs, but after months of failed silk strippings, it seems the simpler angelina fibres is the way forward for me, so i just wanted to expand my collection a little bit.

You can use wooden backed stamps for embossing on angelina fibres.

Ink your stamp, place upright so inked part is facing up over. Lay on angelina fibres then a piece of greaseproof paper. Use a medium to hot iron (not steam). This will not damage your stamps